Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who Am I And Why Do You Care?

So my name is Stephanie, and you will soon learn I love to tell meaningless stories. Whether about the day I am having or my childhood or about somebody I saw at the supermarket, I have always got something to share. I am a Frost by birth, a wanderer by choice, and a college student by sake of reason. I could not begin to tell you what I want to be when I grow up. I am 21 in Gregorian calendar years, but in my heart I am still a kid. I would love to live like Peter Pan and never grow up. But alas, tis impossible. I love big bowls of cereal (I am munching on Apple Jacks right now) and a good cup of Starbucks. I have a heart condition the effects me daily, but I deal. I love being outside. My favorite place on earth (that I have been to, at least) is on top of the world on a little place called Buck Bald, in the Tellico Plains area of Tennessee. I love seeing God through His creation. Nothing brings joy to me more than learning how the world works, whether it be storms, rivers, plants, dirt, rocks, you name it. I love to be glammed up but I also love being covered in mud. Miley Cyrus follows Marilyn Manson on my iPod. I am fascinated with people who have mental disorders. I feel like I would really enjoy being a psychoanalyst working in a mental hospital. I interned for two years at the ABC affiliate in Birmingham, Alabama. My "boss" was my childhood hero, an Emmy award winning Meteorologist, and one of the smartest people I have ever met. He also helped me realize I did not want to be on TV. My lifetime long hero is my dad. He is a silent authority in my life. He does not say much, but I know what he expects of me, and I like it better that way. I have inherited from him blue eyes, a love of music (especially from the 60s), an insanity for Alabama football, a dry sense of humor, and a passion for Christ. God willing, I will be blessed with a husband like him one day. I do not like being told what kind of person I should be. I would rather do that on my own, thanks. I like being who I want to be. I do not try to put on any sort of facade for anyone. Take it or leave it. I find joy in body modification, especially piercings. I find them extremely therapeutic in a sense of releasing emotional pain or frustration through a momentary physical pain. Then the jewelry is a constant reminder of what I have overcome. I have 8 piercings right now. 2 holes in each ear, my lip, my belly button, my nose, and an industrial bar in my left ear. I want the words "Let It Be" tattooed on me at some point in life. I could not even begin to tell you how much that song means to me. Thank you Paul McCartney. I once thought I met the love of my life. I had every intention of marrying him, but Jesus had other plans and, after a year and a half battle with cancer, decided to take Chris home to Heaven on April 11, 2009, and He also has someone else planned for me to spend my life with and I cannot wait to know without a doubt who that man is. I'm over the casual dating scene. I refuse to date anyone that I would not/could not see myself with long term. I know I'm young, but I can't wait to be a wife and mother! Until then, I have a beautiful nephew who I cannot even describe in words. When my sister-in-law was pregnant with Sean, I heard a song by one of my favorite artists, Bright Eyes. "The song is for a baby who has yet to be born. My brother's first child, I hope that womb's not too warm. Cause it is cold out here and it will be quite a shock to breathe this air, to discover loss. So I thought I would make some changes before you arrive so when your new eyes meet mine they wont see no lies, just love." No lies, just love has become a phrase I try to live by. In fact, it's tattooed on my wrists so I can see it and be reminded of it daily. Yes, I am human, and yes, I fail, but no four words have ever held such importance to me. I am a dreamer and a realist. A lover and a fighter. A perfectionist and a sinner. I have lost a lot of trust and faith in mankind in my short 21 years on earth, but I have also grown and learned a lot. This blog is a place for my meaningless ramblings. Read at your own risk. 


4 comments:

  1. There's alot of honesty to be had here...good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish everyone could live by that motto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a perfect world, I wish we all could - but it's something great to try and live up to. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, love the openness you write with.

    ReplyDelete